Transitioning to Stake-Based Voting in GAL

Abstract

This proposal suggests a transition from allowing all GAL holders to vote on proposals within the DAO to permitting only those who have staked GAL to participate in the voting process. The objective is to enhance DAO member engagement and ensure that decision-making aligns more closely with the longer-term vision of the community and Galxe ecosystem.

Motivation

Currently, all GAL holders can vote on proposals within the DAO, regardless of their level of involvement or commitment to the ecosystem. This approach may not necessarily reflect the sentiments or interests of those who are most actively engaged in the project. By restricting voting rights to staked GAL, we aim to ensure that decisions are made by individuals who have a vested interest in the success and sustainability of the ecosystem. This shift will likely result in more informed and thoughtful decision-making processes, ultimately benefiting the entire community.

Specification

Overview

The proposed change involves modifying the DAO’s voting mechanism to allow only users who have staked GAL to participate in voting on proposals. This would require adjustments to the existing voting mechanism governing the DAO’s operations.

Scope

The scope of this proposal includes:

1. Change the voting mechanism in Snapshot.
  2. Preparing the voting power/standard instruction.

Success Criteria

The success of this proposal will be evaluated based on:

1. Increased engagement and participation in the voting process by stakeholders who have staked GAL.
  2. Improved alignment between decision-making within the DAO and the long-term vision of the community.
  3. Positive feedback and support from the majority of the community members regarding the new voting mechanism.

Timeline/Budget

It will be immediately implemented once the proposal is passed.

References

28 Likes

It’s about time something like this was done.

2 Likes

I don’t really belive this will improve a lot decision-making, but it will surely make some people to stake the gal token.

1 Like

I started staking my GAL tokens and I agree with this suggestion :+1:

1 Like

I agree to this proposal and started staking. :cut_of_meat: :sparkles:

1 Like

With this offer you oblige us to pledge tokens. It’s not fair to say the least. Leave everything as it was and it will be fair.

If you want to raise the price of the token by doing this, then it’s not a good idea.

3 Likes

It’s a bad idea to force the community to hold onto tokens against their will.

4 Likes

I think this is a good idea!!! if you keep voting tokens in wallets, then it’s better to let them multiply in staking

1 Like

I don’t agree with that. It is up to the user to decide what to do with his tokens. It’s an infringement of his rights

2 Likes

totaly agree!
Voting should be stake-base GAL

3 Likes

I agree. I staked it and recommended it to my friends.

1 Like

I really like this Idea)

1 Like

1 Like

I agreed with this proposal, bet on galxe Dao and continued to retain my voting rights

1 Like

time is by my side :heart:

1 Like

Always good temperature Thank you for good development. Launch into the Galxe universe!!

1 Like

I agreed with this proposal

1 Like

I support the proposal! But the main thing is that the passing amount was feasible for everyone.

1 Like

Totally accept the proposal

2 Likes

You got my support as well.

1 Like