[Proposal] Arbitrum Gas Fee Reimbursement

Abstract

We propose the funding of 200,000 ARB tokens from the DAO treasury as a gas fee credit associated with claiming NFTs on Arbitrum chain on the Galxe platform. This proposal seeks to eliminate the cost of claiming NFTs for users, increase user participation, attract more partner campaigns, and reduce the barrier to entry for potential new users.

Motivation

The necessity of bearing the gas fees to claim NFTs has surfaced as a significant barrier for large-scale partner campaigns, and to broader participation on the Galxe platform. It not only discourages active user participation but also presents a high entry threshold for potential users and partners to discover the Arbitrum chain and its protocols. To foster a more inclusive environment and stimulate growth, it is important to tackle this issue head-on for a significant boost in Galxe campaign count on Arbitrum chain and user participation.

Specification

Overview

This proposal aims to secure 200,000 ARB tokens from the DAO treasury to cover user gas fees associated with claiming NFTs on the Galxe platform. By doing so, we hope to ensure the seamless participation of users in various campaigns, attract more partners, and facilitate the onboarding of new users.

Scope

The proposal applies to all NFT transactions on the Galxe platform that are conducted on the Arbitrum chain. All active and future users of the Galxe platform, along with potential and existing partners running campaigns, will be covered under this proposal.

Success Criteria

The success of this proposal will be measured by:

1. An increase in user participation in campaigns after the reimbursement initiative is implemented.
  2. A surge in the number of new users on the platform post-implementation.
  3. The growth in the number of partner campaigns launched on Arbitrum chain on the platform post-implementation.
  4. Positive feedback and increased satisfaction from users and partners due to reduced cost barriers.

Timeline/Budget

The timeline for the implementation of this proposal is projected to be one month. The proposed budget is 200,000 ARB tokens from the DAO treasury. This figure will be allocated exclusively towards the gas fee credit for campaigns launched on Arbitrum chain on Galxe.

398 Likes

go for it, good initiative

49 Likes

go for it… great initiative

24 Likes

it indeed a great move

21 Likes

This is a good idea however I think there should be a limit as there are some claims on Galxe that take multiple transactions

28 Likes

This is what we need at the moment. Great job GALXE

15 Likes

of course! more and more DAO is moving in this direction. That’s fair and will get support. i’m sure it will attract more of the community!

11 Likes

this is the right step, of course, if the cost is borne by many users, they will be happy and excited to follow the tasks in galxe, especially the arbitrum network. i will support this big step. :saluting_face:

16 Likes

Great progress. What is the other rules?

8 Likes

Good initiative. galxe is attending a new height.

12 Likes

I thought this was a good suggestion. I’m happy to have more friends here.

10 Likes

agree, it seems a great idea for community.

8 Likes

cool job. Good initiative. galxe is attending a new height.

9 Likes

This is a fair and practical distribution of rewards. I support this proposal because this token allocation will serve as an incentive for active Galxe users, as payment for gas, rather than a meaningless distribution of tokens among those who simply wait and do not interact with Galxe platform.

7 Likes

While the proposal suggests a one-month timeline, it’s crucial to consider the long-term sustainability of the gas fee credit program. Evaluating the ongoing costs and impact on user behavior beyond the initial implementation period is essential.

12 Likes

Indeed Great, Go Fo It!

9 Likes

I’m in with my support to this proposal!

7 Likes

This proposal works, it’s great

10 Likes

this is a game changer…i like this intiative.

9 Likes

i think we need this action at the moment. Good job

7 Likes