DeviceNFT: A Unique Approach to Crypto Security and Uniqueness

Goal:
Prevent multi-accounting and increase the uniqueness and security of user interactions throughout the crypto space by introducing a unique device identification application and NFT minting system.

Abstract:
Development of a cross-platform user application for automating the process of device identification and NFT mining. The application will collect certain device parameters, generate a unique hash, and trigger the creation of a unique NFT, which will be stored in the user’s EVM-compatible wallet.

Motivation:
The proposed device identification application and NFT mining system can greatly increase the security and uniqueness of user interactions throughout the crypto ecosystem. By discouraging multi-accounting, we can provide a fairer and more balanced environment for all users. In addition, by associating each device with a unique NFT, we can create a unique digital asset for each user that can be traded or traded, adding an extra layer of functionality and value to the user experience.

Review:
The proposed project will develop a cross-platform application that automates the process of user device identification and NFT minting. The application will collect certain device parameters, generate a unique hash, and initiate the creation of a unique NFT. The NFT will be stored in the user’s EVM compatible wallet.

Volume:
The scope of the project includes the development of a unique open source device identification application in C++ (for Windows, OSX, Linux), Java (for Android) and Swift (for iOS) that interacts with the Galxe API. Device identification and NFT mining.

Success Criteria:
The application successfully collects specific device parameters and generates a unique hash.
The application successfully initiates the creation of a unique NFT based on the generated hash.
The app successfully prevents a device from re-binding that already has an associated NFT.
Timeline/Budget:
The proposed project development period is 6 months with the following schedule:

• Month 1: Develop and test a Windows application.
  • Month 2: Develop and test an application for OSX and Linux.
  • Month 3: Develop and test an Android application.
  • Month 4: Develop and test an iOS application.
  • Month 5: Submission of the application to the Play Market and Apple Store.
  • Month 6: Selection of a group of users from the Galxe community for alpha testing, fixing possible errors. Launch of the production version.

The project budget is $36,000 ($6,000 montly) in GAL token. It will cover the cost of developing, testing, debugging, optimizing and releasing the application.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, the proposed application automates the process of device identification and NFT creation. This will simplify the user experience and make it easier for users to interact with the Web3 credential framework. It will also discourage multi-accounting, increase the uniqueness and security of the user experience, and provide flexibility in transferring ownership of devices throughout the crypto space. Development and testing of the application will be carried out and controlled by the author of this proposal.

64 Likes

What is the advantage of this app for users ?

8 Likes

Hello Yahras,

Thanks for your question. The main advantages of this application for users are:

1. Enhanced Security: By binding a unique NFT to each device, we can ensure that each account is associated with a unique device, thereby enhancing the security of user interactions.
  2. Discouraging Multi-Accounting: This system discourages multi-accounting, ensuring a fairer and more balanced environment for all users.
  3. Unique Digital Assets: Each device-associated NFT can be considered a unique digital asset for the user. These NFTs can be traded or sold, adding an extra layer of functionality and value to the user experience.
  4. Flexibility: The system provides flexibility in transferring ownership of devices in the crypto space. If a user sells their device, they can also transfer the associated NFT to the new owner.

I hope this answers your question. Feel free to ask if you have any more queries.

11 Likes

Of course, I could be wrong, but if this NFT can be sold, then it’s not very good for Sybil, since people use different proxy and anti-dictation browsers. In this way, it eliminates the opposition from the sybil. I think that it is better to use SBT in such cases.

The very idea of how to counteract the sybils is already good.
Users who receive an airdrop and see that projects have been given the green color to use it expand exponentially. This demotivates regular users and reduces the chance of success.

I think your proposal is not bad, but it carries a more technical context, as an ordinary user it is difficult for me to accept such information, I had to re-read the sentence a couple of times.

9 Likes

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. You bring up a valid point about the potential for NFTs to be sold, which could potentially undermine the goal of discouraging Sybil attacks. However, it’s important to remember that the NFT is tied to a unique device identifier, not just a user account. This means that even if the NFT is sold, it can’t be used to authenticate a different device.

Regarding the technical nature of the proposal, I understand that it might be complex for non-technical users. I’m working on creating a more user-friendly explanation that will make the concept more accessible to everyone.

Finally, I agree with your point about the importance of countering Sybil attacks. It’s a significant challenge in the crypto space, and this proposal is just one approach to addressing it. I’m open to hearing more suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this system.

Thank you again for your feedback. It’s through discussions like these that we can refine and improve our ideas.

13 Likes

I agree. Both hands up!

6 Likes

i agree.its better for us

4 Likes

Thank you dear…
But if the device is changed, how i can login to my account from other devices ?

4 Likes

Thank you for your question. In the event of a device change, the application would need to be installed on the new device. The process of device identification and NFT minting would then be repeated. This would generate a new unique NFT for the new device.

It’s important to note that the NFT is tied to the device, not the user account. Therefore, you would still be able to access your account from any device. However, the unique NFT and the associated benefits would only be valid for the device it was minted for.

I hope this clarifies your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

4 Likes

What will happen if a user has multiple laptops or in case of replacing the old registered one?

5 Likes

I agree with you. Security is the first important thing in web3 world

5 Likes

Great question! In the proposed system, a user can have multiple devices, each with its own unique NFT, all linked to the same wallet. So if you have multiple laptops, each one would have its own unique NFT.

In the case of replacing an old registered device, the new device would simply generate a new unique NFT when it’s registered. The old device’s NFT would remain in your wallet.

The key point here is that while one wallet can have an unlimited number of device NFTs, each device can only be linked to one wallet at a time. This ensures the uniqueness of each device and helps to prevent multi-accounting.

4 Likes

I’m agree. Number one is security.

4 Likes

Absolutely, I couldn’t agree more! Thanks for your support!

3 Likes

So it is not possible to use a laptop with two different addresses. That can solve sybil accounts as well. Good job and thanks for the effort.

4 Likes

Absolutely, you’ve got it! The core idea is to tie a unique NFT to each device, which means one device can only be associated with one wallet address. This approach indeed helps in mitigating the issue of Sybil accounts. Thank you for your kind words and for understanding the concept so well. Your support means a lot!

6 Likes

Good. I agree with proposal.

4 Likes

Yes, I support! This will solve the problem!

4 Likes

Good context indeed buddy.
There is more to the technical and ethical implication of this proposal than the very reason for the proposal.

4 Likes

Buddy you are indeed an active forum contributor. I must give that to you first and foremost!
That being said, there is a HUGE AND SERIOUS RED FLAG to this proposal. Let me break it down for tou in a bid in an axclusive review tonthe main proposal soon. Stay alert buddy

4 Likes